Duties and Responsibilities of the Dean
The Dean is appointed by the Council of Higher Education. Dean's responsibilities include:
• To chair faculty boards, to implement the decisions of faculty boards, and to ensure cooperation between departments,
• To report to the President about the state of affairs in the faculty at the end of each academic year and when requested,
• To inform, the rectorate about the faculty's funding and staff needs, to submit the proposal regarding the faculty budget to the rectorate after receiving the opinion of the executive board of the faculty.
• To carry out general supervision and control of the departments of the faculty and its staff at all levels,
• To take necessary measures to ensure the continuation of education, scientific research, and publication activities at optimum levels.
• To perform other duties given by the Law No 2547.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Deputy Dean
The Dean elects a maximum of two people from among the monthly faculty members of the faculty as assistant deans to assist him in his studies.
The Vice Dean assists the Dean in administrative and academic affairs in the effective and efficient realization of education in accordance with the objectives and principles determined by the senior management of the University.
In the absence of the Dean, he acts as a deputy to the Dean and conducts the affairs on behalf of the Dean.
It assists the dean in developing policies and strategies for the purpose of conducting the education process more effectively and efficiently within the faculty.
It helps to maintain education and training in an orderly manner.
When the Dean is absent from office, he represents the Faculty at a high level in the University Senate and the University Administrative Board.
When the Dean is absent from office, he presides over the Faculty Boards and Faculty Administrative Boards.
It exercises the authority to give work to the managers and personnel subordinate to it, to direct, to control the works they do, to correct, to warn when necessary, to request information and reports.
To perform the duties assigned to it by the Law No 2547.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Department Chairs and Vice-Chairs
Department chairs are appointed by the Dean among professors of the department, associate professors if professors are not present, doctoral faculty members if associate professors are not present.
• To act in accordance with the objectives and principles specified in articles 4 and 5 of the Higher Education Legislation.
• To ensure the establishment of appropriate branches in the field of the related department.
• To ensure the regular execution of the education and research activities of the department.
• To ensure the effective, efficient and economical use of resources.
• To represent the department in the meetings of the Faculty Board.
• To follow the developments related to the department, to hold the necessary meetings to solve the problems experienced.
• To plan and present the department's staff and faculty member needs to the Dean.
• To monitor the performance of academic staff and report to the Dean.
• To monitor the personnel in the department and to ensure that they perform their duties.
• To prepare strategic plan of the department.
• To oversee the dissertations and theses.
• To ensure that the exams of the candidates applying for graduate exams are held and advisors are appointed to graduate students.
• To evaluate the status of exempted and on-leave students.
• To deal with the problems of the students with disabilities and foreign students.
• To ensure that the curriculums and exam programs are created and announced to the faculty and the students.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Faculty Secretary
• Preparing the agendas of the Faculty Board, Faculty Executive Board, Faculty Disciplinary Board and attending meetings.
• To participate in the activities of preparing an annual report, internal audit, strategic plan, to ensure that the results are followed up and sent to the relevant units in a timely manner.
• To ensure the preparation of documents related to academic staff recruitment.
• To regulate the flow of documents between the units.
• To ensure personnel files are kept in order.
• To plan, supervise and finalize the work related to building cleaning, maintenance and repair.
• To plan staff needs related to administrative tasks.
• To help prepare the faculty budget
• To carry out preparations for external purchases, to finalize them.
• To use and make use of faculty resources efficiently and economically.
• To ensure that statistical information about the faculty is kept ready and updated.
• To ensure that all communications related to personnel are received in a timely manner.
• To assist in the acquisition of machinery and equipment to be used in administrative work and educational activities,
• To participate in the arrangement and distribution of study rooms.
• To take measures related to safety and inform the relevant people.
• To attend meetings invited by the Dean and the President.
• To take measures to establish harmony, respect and cooperation among the staff.
• To evaluate the performance of administrative staff, to ensure that the staff participate in relevant training programs.
• To comply with the ethical rules of the faculty, to participate in internal control, to ensure that sensitive and risky tasks are taken into consideration.
• To carry out other administrative work that the Dean deems appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities of the FEAS Building Manager
• To follow up the works on electrical, heat-water, telephone problems; construction-maintenance, iron welding, glass works; tree-plant maintenance by notifying the necessary infrastructure units,
• To determine the working style and workflow of the relevant employees,
• To prevent the conflict of classes by working in coordination with student affairs and department secretaries,
• To determine the usage scheme and environment of the classrooms,
• To assist the organization of conferences, cocktails and presentations,
• To supervise the environment throughout the building and outside, including parking, within the scope of areas of responsibility
• To be responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of A and B Buildings,
• To be responsible for all office and seminar rooms in the buildings,
• To ensure that the lost items forgotten in the classrooms are kept in the administrative office and delivered to their owners,
• To ensure that the renovations and technological tools and equipment added in the building can be done without damaging the architectural structure and with minimal harm,
• To provide the paper for the printers in the department in a timely manner,
• To ensure that the stands and posters opened in the building are properly arranged and hung on the boards,
• To ensure that the necessary preparations are completed without problems in the nation-wide exams (e.g., YKS, KPSS, YDS, etc.) held in the building.
Duties and Responsibilities of the FEAS Academic and Student Affairs Office
• To prepare and announce the curriculum of the undergraduate programs offered by the Faculty.
• To allocate available rooms to staff and students upon request,
• To make decisions on allocation of rooms to student organizations,
• To prepare Faculty Executive Board decisions,
• To follow up on student health reports,
• To carry out and follow student internship procedures,
• To help carry out student disciplinary investigations,
• To help faculty with procedures of domestic as well as internationally-supported projects such as EU, BAP, DSIM, TUBITAK etc.,
• To prepare and follow up Faculty Board decisions regarding opening and closing courses,
• To write and follow up internal and external correspondence,
• To file and archive documents regarding academic and student affairs,
• To recruit and keep track of part-time student assistants,
• To keep personnel records.
Duties and Responsibilities of the FEAS Purchasing Officer
• To purchase, repair, maintain, distribute and control stationery and spare parts from the FEAS Special Budget,
• To purchase, repair, maintain, distribute and control stationery and spare parts in the budget of the FEAS SSK and Department,
• To be responsible for the demand, purchase and control of fixtures in the Department of Administrative and Financial Affairs of the FEAS,
• Being responsible for the expenditures made from the share of the Faculty Budget in the Revolving Fund,
• Being responsible for the procedures of the BAP Project (material procurement, distribution and arranging the necessary documents related to them),
• To perform the maintenance and repair of the fixtures in the faculty,
• To make inventory counts every year, to be responsible for scrapping end-of-life fixtures and keeping the list,
• To be responsible for the price research of cable trays, spare parts, pvc and parquet and completing the necessary procedures for purchases.